For this major wiring assignment I choose to do an instructable about shooting and the proper form needed to make shooting easier.
1) I decided to do this writing assignment because I edited a classmates so I knew the layout and kind of what to expect on it. I figured this might be a easy project to do because I got to pick the topic and do something I like. The one I edited before helped me layout how to do this project and what things I needed to do it.
2) I started this project about two weeks in advance because I knew choosing when my participants were free was going to be a little challenging based upon their schedules. I completed this project last night with putting everything together. I knew to start this project in advance then the previous one. I think I would use the same amount of time based upon it.
3) My proofreading/copying process was looked over by my tutor because I wanted to make sure I had the right stuff and do everything with help.
4) I wish I would have known that I needed to bring two copies of the usability teasing information in and that I needed two copies of exactly everything. I also wish I would have chosen more people who don’t have any basketball experience and no practice.
5) The advice I would give to someone doing this project is make sure you don’t wait until the last minute to do this project and make sure you choose participants who are willing to be test dummies whether they are having fun or not. The people I choose had fun because they learned new skills and had fun.
Overall I would say this project was really fun and being able to teach people these skills was challenging and worth it.
This rewrite of my first introductory critique I felt a lot better about because I knew what to expect and how to properly do it. Sometimes on an assignment like this you might not know exactly what to talk about, all the important information you need, or how to write enough stuff and stay on the 1 page limit.
1) I would say that my first written critique was fairly good for my first time doing an assignment like that. The comments and feedback based upon the initial one I wrote was helpful because I knew what I needed to do to make it better and what all needs to be discussed.
2) I know that the detailed summary should be fairly longer then your response because the detailed summary needs elaborate details and more information about the reading. Each point or idea in the executive summary, detailed summary, and response needs its own paragraph. Your response needs to include a outside source tying the reading with it.
3) The most substantive changes that I made were adding more information or details to the detailed summary, giving each point in the sections its own paragraph, and adding an outside source. I did not really have to change much just add more. Continue reading
1) For my first major writing assignment, I chose to do the website analyst. I chose this assignment because I figured out of all the choices that we had this would be the most interesting one because it has something to do with the field we want to study.
2) I started this assignment the day after we were assigned and briefly talked about the assignment. Luckily that day I had tutoring with my english tutor for this class and she helped my layout things to talk about based on the specifications discussed on blackboard. I did not fully continue to work on the assignment as time came close to the deadline because of other school work and extracurricular activities. I completed this assignment around 10:30 last night while working on it most of the day and putting it together. I figured that this assignment isn’t like previous writing assignments I have written in the past so I knew that it would take time and numerous hours to accomplish and finish.
3) This writing assignment was unique and different then other assignment I have did in the past. I never wrote a website analyst before or anything like this so I wasn’t to sure about what all needs to be included to make sure the project is done well.
4) Now that I am done, I wish I would have known how to use the flowchart and how to properly insert screenshots into the assignment to make it better. The flowchart was really hard and difficult to understand how to do it.
5) For my next assignment I would definitely do this assignment ahead of time so I could ask questions on specific to make sure I’m doing it right. I would make sure that I follow the specifications online so I make sure I have everything and a good information . Advice I would give is to do this ahead of time, make sure you know how to screenshot and use them, use the flowchart system or find someone who does, and ask questions about the assignment if worried about something.